It can be very easy to get so caught up working in your business that you forget to work on your business. As a result the key things you need to be doing to grow and achieve your goals tend to fall by the wayside or are labelled with the fatal tag "I'll do it later, when I have some time." The reality is you need to make time for these things because without growth your business has a shelf life and you want your business to be a legacy not a burden. Here are some important checks you can do:
1. Review your cashflow. No business can thrive if there is constantly more going out than coming in.
2. Review your day-to-day processes and see if there are any ways to improve or streamline them.
3. Prepare your team and make sure they know what the goals are and how they can help to achieve them.
4. Update your website content so that everything is current and Google sees you working on it.
5. Set up new partnerships. Align yourself with businesses who compliment your products and services.
6. Bring in external experts if you feel you're not completely qualified. This will save money in the long run.
7. Know your market/competition and always watch what others are doing for trends and opportunities.
8. Prepare for economic crisis because we all know that boom businesses are the first to go bust in crisis.
9. Review your products and services because you may need to change them based on market changes.
10. Update your communications plan and review how you stay in touch and make new connections.
The best part about all of these is that if you make them a part of your business plan and you commit to doing them, your business can't help but grow because you are feeding it so much positive action and attention. Think of it like a baby. They are constantly in growth mode and need to be fed regularly to maintain this growth. Your business is the same and as long as you keep feeding it, the stronger and healthier it will be.
This article was prepared by Ant Ulijn, Social Media Extraordinaire and Values Alignment Expert from emanation. If you found this information useful, please comment below, subscribe above and like us on Facebook for more great content like this.